In the words of Anne of Green Gables, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Hoosiers are especially lucky, because the beauty of Anne's October extends throughout our fall season. Here's what Hautians have to look forward to in October and November!
(1) There may be more than just corn in Indiana, but our corn crop is a tremendous asset. We're feeding America and having fun in the process! This fall, families can get lost in a corn maze, pick (or toss!) a pumpkin, and jump on a gigantic inflatable pillow. There are 16 farm options that Terre Haute families regularly enjoy. See them all over on Haute Happenings!
(2) Cakeshakes, yard sales, iconic scenery--what's not to love about Covered Bridge Festival? Indiana's largest festival always starts on the 2nd Friday in October!
(3) Fresh apple cider, apple picking, orchard tours--local families make it a fall tradition to visit one (or more) of the apple orchards on this list!
(4) It's a blast from the past! Terre Haute's very own drive-in movie theater is NOW OPEN! With earlier sunsets and cooler temps, fall is a great time of year to catch a show on the big screen at the Moon Lite Drive-In.
(5) If screaming in terror is your idea of fun, you'll be glad to hear that there are several haunts in the Haute. From haunted walking tours to a paintball course filled with zombies, there are plenty of chances to scare yourself silly.
(6) Terre Haute goes all out for Halloween. This year, over 60 groups have announced plans for family-friendly Halloween fun! Trick or treat in downtown Terre Haute, pick up free books at the library, join a costume contest at the Altrusa Chili Cook off, dress up your dog, escape from zombies, or trunk or treat at one of dozen local businesses, churches, and centers that have planned FREE Halloween events for you and your family!
With our cooler weather, colorful leaves, an abundance of corn and corn mazes, and an obsession with Halloween, who wouldn't love to live in Indiana in