EVENTS CALENDAR GUIDELINES
Thehaute.org and the site’s community calendar are managed and administered by The Haute Initiative, Inc., a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating & promoting the greater Terre Haute/Vigo County community.
Members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the thehaute.org community calendar, if that event is open to the general public (not just organization members), occurs within the boundaries of Vigo County and is determined by The Haute Initiative events team to be of sufficient interest to a general audience. There is no charge for submitting an event to the calendar.
Please note that the information submitted here will not automatically appear on the site’s community calendar, but is sent to the calendar editor for approval before being published on the online calendar.
• Entries should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the date of the event.
• Recurring events should have an end date.
• Only events occurring within Vigo County will be considered.
• Events that are solely online events should be labeled as "Virtual Event"in the location portion of the form.
• Events that promote or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind will not be published.
• Auditions, primary school performances, church services, and political fundraisers will not be published.
• The Haute Initiative does not endorse political candidates. Consequently, it will not list on its community calendar events sponsored solely to promote a particular candidate or events with the primary purpose of campaigning. Non-campaign events for current elected officials may be considered.
Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of The Haute Initiative event team. Approved events will typically post within 48-72 hours of submission.
This service is offered as a courtesy. There is no warrantee or guarantee expressed or implied, and there is no guarantee that all community calendar submissions will be posted. We reserve the right to decline any submission or remove any event post for any reason at any time and without notice. We reserve the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
We are not liable for any misinformation, confusion, or errors in the posting of an event on the Community Calendar. If an event is cancelled, postponed, or if there is a significant change, correction or error, the submitter is responsible for notifying us in a timely manner, and we will attempt to make the appropriate corrections in a timely manner.